What will the Multi-Line Claims Specialist Do?
Coterie is evolving its claims experience, and we need a Claims Specialist (100% Remote)! You’ll be working closely with our Claims VP and Directors and assisting internal and external stakeholders. If you are a go-getter who has passion for commercial property and casualty claims and want to change the insurance industry, we want to talk to you!
- Develop and implement strategy to resolve Commercial Property and Casualty Claims of differing levels of severity and complexity.
- Investigate claim and review the insureds’ and claimants materials, documents, reports etc.
- Identify and assess coverage issues, draft coverage position letters, and retain coverage counsel, when necessary as well as review coverage counsel’s opinion letters and analysis
- Develop and implement strategy relative to coverage issues which correlate with the overall strategy of matters entrusted to the handler’s care
- Analyze coverage and damages for purposes of assessing and recommending reserves
- Maintain a diary of all claims, post reserves in a timely fashion, and expeditiously respond to claims inquiries from insured, counsel, underwriters, brokers, and senior management
- Negotiate resolution of claims
- Maintain vendors list for field investigators, appraiser’s, experts, fraud investigators and CAT alerts.
- Maintain contact and oversight with the TPA claim staff
- Work with underwriting on appetite selection, form development .
- Identify and review of each jurisdiction’s applicable statutes, rules, and case law
- Analyze, and direct risk transfer (Subro), additional insured issues and contractual indemnity issues
- Retain counsel when necessary and direct counsel in accordance with resolution strategy
- Prepare and present written/oral reports to senior management setting forth all issues influencing evaluation and recommending reserves
- Minimal to limited travel to and from locations within the United States to attend mediations, trials, and other proceedings relevant to the resolution of the matter. Most likely travel wouldn’t be required for this role unless it would be needed as a backup to our leadership team.
Superpowers we are looking for!
- 3-7 years of multi-line claims experience at an insurance company and/or insurance claims loss adjustment service provider resolving property and casualty claims.
- Considerable working knowledge of insurance industry and insurance claims operations particularly around commercial property and casualty claims, policy construction, ISO Commercial BOP forms.
- Adjuster License
- Legal concepts and processes knowledge base
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), influencing, evaluation, negotiating, listening, and interpersonal skills to effectively develop productive working relationships with internal/external peers and other professionals across organizational lines
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to take part in active strategic discussions
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Hands-on experience and strong aptitude with Microsoft Office
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- AIC and PTC designations a plus
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you?
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer the following:
- 100% remote.
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Dental and vision insurance through Guardian (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Basic life insurance (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Access to flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) (for those using HSA eligible plans).
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest).
- Unlimited PTO and company paid holidays. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including paid holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Continuing education stipend.
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
- Formalized, universal mentorship via Coterie Core-Coaching program.
- The salary range for this position is estimated between 70,000-80,000based on national data. Candidates who meet all the minimum requirements and possess additional relevant experience, as outlined in the job description, may be considered for a salary above the midpoint of the specified salary range. Salary is based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; degrees or certifications, etc.