What will the Technical Project Manager do?
We’re looking for a Technical Project Manager to join the Scaling Operations team to wrangle order out of chaos, reduce waste and push projects through to the finish line! Our Technical PM will be focused on the planning and management of our large-scale technology Infrastructure and software engineering projects.
- Responsible for developing and executing activities related to end-to-end project management, including project plans and budget and resource estimates, scoping and requirements through implementation and deployment
- Proactively manage 1-3 projects at one time
- Engage stakeholders and define project milestones
- Apply an agile “crawl, walk, run” approach to project phasing
- Work in partnership with our Product Management team to identify business impacts and dependencies
- Execute as a self-starter in a collaborative environment
- Ensure project resources are appropriately allocated
- Monitor task completion, remove roadblocks, communicate progress to stakeholders
Superpowers we are looking for!
- 3+ years of previous Project Management experience working with software engineering teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience using JIRA or other project management software
- Excellent partner-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work effectively across several functions
- Ability to work effectively from a remote location
- Values intelligence, integrity, passion, and humility
- Experience working on API-based software development projects preferred
- Experience in fintech or insurtech preferred but not required
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
Interested in the role but aren’t sure you meet every requirement? Apply anyway! We understand that many skills are transferable and not every resume looks the same.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.