Relationships are the cornerstone of business partnerships. A strong, stable relationship helps both business partners thrive and excel in their partnership, and if strong enough, it can overcome any hurdles along the way. At Coterie, we believe the key to creating those durable relationships is through the demonstration of our core values of integrity, passion, intelligence and humility.
We have built Coterie to be an insurtech company with digital solutions to cover any commercial property and casualty insurance need our commercial brokers, independent agents and policy holders have. However, those digital solutions cannot provide all the care and attention some healthy business partnerships require. That’s where you come in. As an Account Manager, you will help guide our brokers and independent agents through the Coterie experience. Through the application of our core values, you will serve as the bond between Coterie and the marketplace.
As an Account Manager for our Independent Agent Distribution team, you will manage Coterie’s broker and independent agent account relationships. This role will include creating and executing relationship management strategies designed to maximize our partner’s effectiveness. As a result, you will be expected to collaborate with many different teams across Coterie to ensure partner needs and issues are addressed through to resolution.
- An ability to express empathy amongst a diverse group of people and organizations, internally and externally
- Comfortability managing a complex and sometimes conflicting set of requests from clients or users
- One to five years’ experience in the property and casualty insurance field, with a preference toward relationship management, sales, production underwriting, and/or any other role that demonstrates technical knowledge and interaction with independent agents
- A preference for team-oriented work, with a desire to develop group strategy and execution in a business services setting
- Become familiar with HubSpot as a documentation and account management tool
- Familiarity with HubSpot or other CRM+Service platform
- Knowledge of and familiarity with contemporary API-based Tech platforms
- SaaS platform fluency and understanding of the tech implementation process
- Start-up experience
Our Interview Process:
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experimental exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.