Job Posting Summary:
The Agency Distribution Manager (ADM) will be responsible for providing a sales leadership role for all sales and agency/producer management.
This position will work in cooperation with the Coterie Independent Agency & Broker Distribution sales strategy and VP of Independent Agency & Broker Distribution to support, assist, and provide guidance to focus our sales effort on business opportunities that are consistent with our underwriting and financial objectives, as well as our mission and vision statements
- The ADM will manage IA and Broker appointments, affiliations, and premium goals.
- This work will include prospecting and appointing new agency distribution partners including independent agencies and regional brokers.
- As a problem-solver, trainer, and facilitator in working with agencies and brokers, you’ll act as a guide to Coterie, making sure critical concerns are not only resolved but come to be seen as a point of differentiation in the market.
- Will be cross-collaborative and work with Distribution/Sales, Underwriting, Insurance Product, and claims teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of insurance and/or sales experience
- Capable of working with limited direction
- A technical problem-solver and consultative seller with commercial insurance knowledge to discuss and solve sales issues in the field
- This focused and goal-oriented position requires someone who possesses sales skills and who can influence others through strong negotiation techniques
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and represent the Coterie professionally, both internally and externally
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint and CRM systems.
- Proven sales skills in commercial lines insurance industry
- Strong agency relationships
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace in small commercial insurance
- Insurance industry professional designation such as CIC, CPCU, AU
Our Interview Process:
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experimental exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.