Coterie is looking for an experienced Application Security Engineer to help harden our tools and applications. With a mix of internal users and external customers, this role is critical to ensure we continue to provide the level of security and reliability emblematic of our company. Ideally, you’re someone who’s grown sick of the standard ZAP, SAST, and RASP solutions, and is hungry to find a better way, by diving deep into the codebase to engineer the solutions we need. This role will work closely with the broader security team, with direct access to our Lead security engineer and CISO.
- Cultural alignment through listening and communication skills.
- Develop relationships across internal product, engineering and technical organizations.
- Stay up to date with the latest vulnerabilities, exploits, security trends and general changes in technology to provide guidance on how these affect the security of our business.
- Threat modeling, architecture & design reviews on services and applications as required.
- Help other departments to build security into their workflow.
- Mentor and cross train other Security Engineers across the division.
- Evaluate and promote new and existing security standards, solutions and tools.
- Implement technical solutions in-line with Coterie’s cybersecurity strategic plans.
- 4+ years’ experience in application development.
- Experience with application security SAST, DAST, and RASP.
- Experience with manual application security tools such as ZAP and Burp.
- Technical systems and devops knowledge to assist developing testing environments that mimic production.
- Passion for technology, digital architecture and information security.
- Experience across multiple security domains such as Incident Response, Application Security, Infrastructure Security, Detection Engineering, Network Security, Cloud Security, Compliance, Governance, Cryptography, IAM, Privacy, Risk Management, Threat Intelligence.
- Ability to turn knowledge and experience into effective change inside an organization.
- Previous experience as an Application Security Engineer working with React, .net core, and Azure.
- Experience with compliance and compliance audits.
- Automation skills with Ansible, Terraform, Vagrant, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience threat modeling and conducting design reviews of large scalable systems.
- Experience administering or participating in bug bounty programs.
Coterie has solid benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity we offer:
- Health Insurance through United Healthcare (we pay 90%)
- Dental and Vision (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- 100% Remote
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays like birthdays, and important family events.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (9361 Montgomery Rd. Suite G Cincinnati, OH 45242) but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remote as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.