What will our Backend Engineer do?
We are seeking an experienced Backend Engineer (100% Remote!) to join our team! We use modern tech to make it easy for people and businesses to get the insurance coverage they need. You’ll help build and test APIs, rating engines, policy management systems and more. The insurance industry is known for slow, clunky tools that weren’t built with the user in mind. We’re making them fast and reliable, and we’d love for you to join us.
As a Backend Engineer you will be able to:
- Design, Develop, Document and Test our APIs, rating engines, and other C# applications
- Maintain APIs/features once they’re in production
- Work with dev team, product managers on development strategy
- Contribute to internal documentation
- Work in agile scrum environment
- Adhere to company code standards and guideline
Superpowers We Are Looking For!
- Solid understanding of C# (preferably .NET Core)
- Experience writing unit tests
- Manual API testing using Postman (or equivalent)
- Experience using Git and Github/Gitlab (must understand basic source control workflow)
- Take initiative and be a self-motivated problem solver (using docs, tutorials)
Extras That Are Awesome But Not Required!
- Third party service integration
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (or GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience writing technical documentation
- SQL querying (SQL, Cosmos Db)
Our Tech Stack!
- BackEnd: C#, .Net Core, .Net 5+
- Database: SQL Server, Cosmos DB
- Infrastructure: Azure
- Remote Tools: Microsoft Teams
Scrum environment with cross-disciplinary teams (frontend and backend engines, UI/UX, Product Managers, SDETs)
What To Expect!
- Phase1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then be invited to submit a coding project. Once completed, our hiring manager will review and confirm a 60-minute tech screen.
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will be a panel interview with our Engineers focus on technical questions and a 1:1 culture focused interview. The final series is can be 1.5-3 hours in total.
What’s In It For You!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.