What will our Claims Technician do?
Coterie is evolving its claims experience and we need a team player to work with the claims team. Working closely with our Claims Directors and VP, our ideal candidate is an organized & autonomous go-getter. Your daily tasks will assist the needs of our internal & external customers. Helping us not only strengthen our claims footprint but adhering to our stellar SLAs.
If you love claims management and giving our customers a delightful experience, we’d love to talk to you!
You will work with our Claims Directors and VP daily. Tasks will include but not be limited to claim setup and data entry, triage, contacts, documentation, and process development. You will also assist claims customer service in conversing with our customers and agents via phone, email & text. Lastly, you will be a part of our ongoing program improvements.
Superpowers we are looking for:
- 1-3 years of P&C claims experience; preferably at a tech-focused insurance company
- You are tech literate and able to accept quick change
- You are organized and great at record keeping
- You have strong communication skills
Extras that are awesome but not required:
- You have experience in commercial lines claims
- You have worked at or with a startup company
- You have worked at or with TPAs
- You currently hold active adjuster licenses
What to expect:
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experimental exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, Juneteenth, July 4, Memorial Day, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.