Job Posting Summary:
As the Customer Advocacy Manager, you will lead a team of Customer Advocates who will be the primary point of contact for new and existing clients, as well as their coverage questions and transactions. This role will also serve as the liaison between our Underwriting department, our Growth team and our customers, to get a clear view into how we serve our business communities. It is this customer focused, service-based mentality that we expect to drive every interaction from initial inquiry through to renewals, with a constant eye toward identifying the best possible policies and risk practice for our customers. This dedication to the customer will be something you will instill in your team, with a mix of humility, integrity, intelligence and passion. As a result, you will collaborate with our Marketing, Sales, Operations, Insurance Product and Technology departments to facilitate a seamless experience for our insured community.
- An active Property & Casualty Insurance License
- Two (2) years of active leadership of Customer Service or Insurance agent teams at a Commercial Insurance Carrier
- Four (4) years of insurance sales support or other insurance related service work
- Three (3) years of remote, phone, online service or sales experience
- Knowledge of the underwriting discipline and compliance requirements for the full underwriting cycle: both new and renewal business underwriting processes
- Some knowledge of the Claims process for a Commercial Insurance line
- Strategic mindset comfortable in creating and implementing long term, scalable solutions
- Comfortable with written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally
- Excellent collaboration skills, self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Able to understand and synthesize day to day work within the team into trends, themes, successes and opportunities over periods of time
- Strong negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and client service skills
- Detail oriented and superior organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others
- Possesses a passion for building Customer Advocates through coaching, mentoring, and provision of development experiences
- Possesses a passion for developing customer experiences through analyzing customer information, feedback, and sentiments with other stakeholders in the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Proficient in MS Office skills and related computer software knowledge
- College degree (preferred)
- Previous experience supporting a business through explosive growth
- Quality Assurance (QA), Continuous Process Improvement (CPI), User Experience (UX/UI), Design Thinking, Lean, Agile, Project Management (PM), and/or Product Owner (PO) experience
- Bilingual (Spanish, Mandarin, Korean, Arabic, etc.)
Our Interview Process:
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.