Job Posting Summary:
As a Customer Advocacy Trainer (100% Remote), you will be helping us build out and facilitate our training and onboarding program for our Customer Advocate team! From inception, we’ve strived to provide small business owners with the kind of easy, clear, and friendly commercial insurance experience they’ve always wanted. Our trainer will help us to keep the customer experience at the forefront of what we do!
- Assist in developing, maintaining, updating and delivering our training and onboarding program for our CA Team
- Assist in the development of a Customer Advocacy curriculum, to include learning components covering both insurance subject matter, as well as systems and application navigation coaching
- Help to establish and socialize standardized processes to ensure consistency
- Be the lead with on-boarding new team members and helping to make their experience positive and enjoyable
- Support the trainee performance through progress measuring, coaching and providing feedback
- Explore creative ways for content and content delivery to be engaging and fun
- When not actively training and onboarding, this role would also be supporting our support chat and phone lines, assisting agents and insureds issuing policies, processing endorsements, and answering their coverage and appetite questions, to help in the facilitation of training enhancements in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Must be familiar with certificate and endorsement processing
- Experience with coaching and instruction for individuals or groups
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers
- Licensed P&C agent with a strong knowledge of insurance language and processes.
- College degree
- BOP, GL, Professional Liability, or WC experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Teaching, coaching, and/or training experience using pedagogical methods
- Quality Assurance (QA), Continuous Process Improvement (CPI), User Experience (UX/UI), Design Thinking, Lean, Agile, Project Management (PM), and/or Product Owner (PO) experience
Our Interview Process:
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.