What will our Customer Advocate do?
Customer experience is at the very forefront of what we do. From conception, we’ve strived to provide small business owners, the lifeblood of our communities, with the kind of easy, clear, and friendly commercial insurance experience they’ve always wanted. As a customer advocate, you’ll be the very face and voice of that experience.
As a customer advocate you will be the primary point of contact for new and existing clients and their coverage questions and transactions. This makes you the liaison between our underwriting department and our customers, and as such gives you a clear view into how we serve our business communities. It is this customer-focused, service-based mentality that we expect to drive every interaction from initial inquiry through to renewals, with a constant eye toward identifying the best possible policies and risk practice for our customers. As a result, you will collaborate with our marketing, sales, insurance product, and technology teams in facilitating a seamless experience for our insured community.
**This customer advocate will be hired with the expectation of working the evening shift, Monday through Friday 11am – 8pm ET/ 8am-5pm PT daily. There is no anticipation of schedule change for the foreseeable future.**
Superpowers we are looking for!
- An active Property & Casualty Insurance License
- Two (2) years of insurance sales support or other insurance related service work (preferably in commercial insurance)
- One (1) year of remote/phone/online service or sales experience
- Highly motivated & goal oriented
- Strong negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and client service skills
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Proficient in MS Office skills and related computer software knowledge
- Punctual, Reliable, and Responsible
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- College degree (preferred)
- BOP, GL, Professional Liability, or WC experience
- Previous experience supporting a business through explosive growth
- Bilingual (a plus)
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experimental exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.