Data is the foundation of what we do. It’s what made insurance one of the first industries to make computers a standard in doing business. But it’s time to help our industry make a leap, and to do that we need data infrastructure built on the principle of flexibility. And we’re not just talking scale, we’re talking a breadth of data types, all feeding into our host of applications and risk engines. It’s why we don’t think of data infrastructure as only an ETL thing, it’s an everything thing, and it’s why we need you, a DataOps engineer.
You’re the wizard who will shrink and expand our data infrastructure to the tides of our growth. As a result, this role will be a mixture of old-school DBA obsession with optimization, DevOps penchant for automation, data engineering’s need for order at scale, and a data scientist’s desire for usable data. You’ll work alongside our director of data, our data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to build robust data infrastructure that can support our vision of making small commercial insurance easy, intuitive, and well-priced.
- Must have 5+ years of experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets within a cloud computing environment (Azure, AWS).
- Must have advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with both RMDBs in a query authoring capacity as well as technologies such as No SQL and unstructured data stores.
- Must have expertise in DataOps techniques and modern cloud computing technologies, most importantly deep familiarity with the Azure stack.
- Fluency with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, etc…) Ideally infra-as-code via Terraform.
- Hands-on experience with git based repositories. Git Commands, git process flow, branching & merging structure.
- Fluent scripting in PowerShell, Shell, Bash, or python
- Must have previously built processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communications skills and history of excellent team collaboration
- Experience with Azure Data Factory
- Previous work experience partnering with data analytics teams to increase the effectiveness of BI systems
- Experience with container technologies(Docker, Kubernetes)
- Fluent in Python, C#, or C++
- Experience with transaction data (finance, insurance, payments)
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.