Data is the foundation of what we do. It’s what made insurance one of the first industries to make computers a standard in doing business. But it’s time to help our industry make a leap, and to do that we need data from all kinds of sources in all sorts of data types to feed into our host of applications and risk engines. It’s this kind of data that will allow us to create newer and more equitable risk metrics to eventually take insurance away from it’s antiquated proxies for risk and into something more accurate, and more human.
- Building ETL pipelines from scratch
- Collaborating on evaluating new data sources and adapting them to our environment
- Working alongside data infrastructure, data science, software engineering and actuarial teams
- Helping our Data infrastructure engineer create a scalable data ingestion solution
- As comes help throughout the data stack (visualization, DBs, cloud work).
- 5 years data engineering work, with a focus on building ETL pipelines from scratch
- Fluency in Python (a majority of data engineering experience in Java or Scala is acceptable)
- 4+ years in an RMDBS environment
- 4+ years working in a cloud-based data environment (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 2+ years experience within an Azure environment
- 2 years experience with Databricks or Apache Spark
- Knowledge of R
- Previous experience working with data scientists and analysts
- Transactional data experience
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.