What will our Technical Product Manager do?
Coterie is an insurTech company that makes small business insurance easy. Through tech-based business insurance solutions, Coterie delivers simpler coverage, more accurate pricing and a streamlined experience.
We are hiring a Technical Product Manager (100% Remote) with previous insurance or fintech experience, to build out a platform to manufacture insurance products providing a cohesive vision across the organization. In addition, this individual will also work alongside our Data and Analytics team to build automated underwriting tools/services using AI models and analytics. You will play a key role in helping Coterie solve problems and accelerate our team’s execution!
- Deeply understand and define user needs and data requirements to identify opportunities for growth
- Find ways to leverage data flow throughout an entire product lifecycle (not just the design stage) and use data to build and perfect a feature or product.
- Work with engineering team and data scientists to ensure that machine learning efforts are optimally integrated into existing products
- management of complicated technical requirements like APIs and other platform components
- Define key metrics to track success or prioritize features
- Translate requirements of large data initiatives into smaller actionable items
- Champion data literacy within the organization and drive adoption rates
- Conduct market assessments, user interviews, and testing
- Perform A/B testing
- Set OKRs and KPIs
- Make objective arguments to influence stakeholders
- Track usage to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and execute an outcome-based product roadmap
- Lead tech and design conversations to execute a product roadmap
- Clearly communicate current and future states of the product
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to develop a strategy forward
- Demonstrate ownership and take responsibility for the overall success of the product you manage.
Superpowers we are looking for!
- Compelling and effective communication skills
- 2+ years of product manager experience
- Has been part of a tech focused organization
- Experience working in Commercial Insurance or Fintech
- Product Management experience specifically in the AI/data space
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast paced and changing environment
- Be comfortable analyzing data and understanding what kind of data is needed, how to collect it, as well as determining its value
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- Read and write code
- Passion for great APIs
- Experience working in a startup environment
What to expect! Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role.
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you! Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.