If you are passionate about building a security program that is right-sized for a mid-stage startup, then read on! Our team is growing fast and we need a Director of Information Security that embraces our core values and is excited to lead the day to day operations of our security operations center, security engineering, and IAM.
Our new Director will be the principal incident handler/responder, guiding and directing analysts in cooperation with external vendors to ensure the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of Coterie systems and data. This person will ensure that the team is trained and prepared to respond, and that appropriate alerting and controls are in place. This person will work with the security engineers to plan, implement, and mature cyber sec processes and technology. And we need this person to help build and mature the vulnerability management program and ensure our IAM capabilities satisfy enterprise requirements.
*This position can be remote but will require intermittent in office work. We prefer candidates to be within a 1- hour distance from our office located in Blue Ash, OH.
- Provide leadership over our security ops team (~5 direct reports). This will include professional development, performance reviews, core coaching and mentoring.
- Lead the continuous monitoring/incident response capabilities in coordination with external partners.
- Build a vulnerability management program integrating threat intelligence and configuration management.
- Coordinate the execution of all security technologies, people, and processes ensuring continuous improvement and risk mitigation is built into those processes for sustainability and maturity.
- Keep current with the threat landscape, briefing leadership and adjusting controls in response to internal and external threats.
- Provide thought leadership and insight into Information Security strategy, providing tactical recommendations for meeting those objectives.
- Must collaborate well with others to ensure security solutions are integrated into technology and the supporting procedures as early in the lifecycle as possible.
- Must have at least 2 years formal leadership experience within a security operations center and have experience as a cyber investigator as well as coordinating incident response with internal and external resources.
- Must have experience investigating incidents in the cloud (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS)
- Ability to ensure that confidential information and investigations are limited to need to know, while ensuring openness and transparency wherever possible.
- Seasoned “player-coach” technology security leader.
- Establish and display a strong knowledge of cloud environments and cloud service provider platforms including Microsoft Azure and their embedded security capabilities
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others in accomplishing goals.
- Must be able define and articulate business impacts and risk to technical and non technical team members.
- Mastery of IT, InfoSec, Cybersecurity, engineering, and DevSecOps terminology and concepts.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects to completion.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions which have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
- Insurance or financial services Industry experience
- Certifications including CISSP, CISM, CRISC or other related certifications
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Remote flexibility
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
- Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.