What will our Finance and Accounting Contractor do?
Coterie is an insurTech company that makes small business insurance easy. Through tech-based business insurance solutions, Coterie delivers simpler coverage, more accurate pricing and a streamlined experience.
We are hiring a part time Finance and Accounting contractor (100% Remote!) to help with the company’s day-to-day financial operations. This is a part-time temporary position that will work 10-15 hours per week performed between 8am-5pm with some flexibility in hours considered. This position is expected to go through the end of 2022 based on business needs.
- Manage and coordinate the accurate and timely recording of all financial information including cash receipts and disbursement, AP and AR, payroll and benefits, journal entries and the general ledger
- Perform timely month-end closes, including all necessary financial reconciliations
- Compile and analyze monthly financial reporting packages
- Works extensively with internal and external audit to ensure an effective control environment.
- Previous General ledger, AP and AR experience
- Knowledgeable on best practices for accounting and bookkeeping and familiar with finance regulations
- Detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.