What will the Front-end Staff Engineer do?
We’re using modern tech to make it easy for people and businesses to get the insurance coverage they need. As our product offerings and organization grow, we need to improve our code infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced Front-End Staff Engineer (100% Remote) who has a passion for solving hard problems at scale!
We are looking for someone to help set the future technical course for our systems, technology stack, and architecture. A front-end staff engineer will also help build up our team through a combination of mentoring and technical leadership.
In all positions, we look for cultural ADDS to our team. Someone that will not just contribute, but make the rest of our team better. The Coterie engineering team is a team with a culture of inclusion, diversity, empathy, & collaboration. These values complement Coterie’s core values of humility, integrity, intelligence, & passion. We are not looking for, “the brilliant jerk!” Instead, we want to collaborate with the people that bring the best out of us, and them!
Superpowers we are looking for!
- Work with other Front-End Engineers to develop and build front-end architecture to scale
- A strong understanding of architectural design fundamentals
- Experience building a high-performing, high traffic, and scalable UI in React
- Experience writing tests and an appreciation of the value of well-tested code
- Experience using Git and Github to collaborate and review code
- Strong understanding of the development lifecycle and srcum/agile best practices
- Passion for staying up to date with industry trends and advising the team on best practices to implement
- Experience working with back-end teams to integrate REST APIs
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- Experience writing documentation
- Experience in the DevOps cycle
- Startup experience
- Experience with Oauth or other security framework
Our Tech Stack:
- Backend API’s are developed with C# and .NET
What to expect!
- Phase1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then be invited to submit a coding project. Once completed, our hiring manager will review and confirm a 60-minute tech screen.
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will be a panel interview with our Engineers focus on technical questions and a 1:1 culture focused interview. The final series will be 1.5-3 hours in total.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.