We are looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer (100% Remote!) to join our team! We’re using modern tech to make it easy for people and businesses to get the insurance coverage they need. You’ll help build insurance quote flows and management portals that are performant, accessible, responsive, and user-friendly. The insurance industry is known for slow, clunky tools that weren’t built with the user in mind. We’re making them beautiful and intuitive, and we’d love for you to join us.
- Build and maintain easy to use insurance buying flows and policy management portals with modern tech
- Work with designers to turn wireframes and mockups into code
- Work with product managers and stakeholders on development strategy
- Build shared libraries, ex: UI components
- 2+ years professional experience
- Experience using modern frontend frameworks like React and Redux
- Collaboration experience using Git and Github/Gitlab
- Experience writing frontend testing (unit, e2e, etc.)
- Semantic HTML, CSS, experience with a styling library like styled-components
- Exemplifies our core values and effective communication
- Experience building accessible apps
- Working in agile scrum environment
- Startup experience
- Appreciation for UI/UX, custom emojis, and gifs
- Building and maintaining third-party libraries
- DevOps and Cloud architecture
- Kent C. Dodds fan (Mike North appreciators okay too)
How We Work:
- Our tech stack: React, Redux, Typescript, C# .NET, Azure
- Scrum environment with cross-disciplinary teams (frontend and backend engineers, UI/UX, Product managers, SDETs)
- Daily office hour meetings (optional!) with the rest of the frontend team
- Professional development time and resources to help you learn and grow the way you want to.
What to expect in the interview process: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. Then selected candidates will meet with a front-end software engineer to talk about your experience and answer questions from them. Then final candidates will receive an invite for a take-home project (in React/Redux), and final interviews will include a 1-hour panel interview with our tech team and30-minute meeting with one of our co-founders.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.