We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer (100% Remote) to join our team! We use modern tech to make it easy for people and small businesses to get the insurance coverage they need. You’ll help build and test APIs, rating engines, policy management systems and more. The insurance industry is known for slow, clunky tools that weren’t built with the user in mind. We’re making them fast and reliable, and we’d love for you to join us.
Our company is comprised individuals who honor our core values of passion, intelligence, integrity, and humility. We seek people who are motivated to learn, love to be challenged and have a passion for collaborating with and lifting other team members. We value personal and professional growth and reward these efforts with internal movement. We have implemented (self-lead) quarterly culture surveys, to ensure that we uphold our core values.
As the Full Stack Engineer, you will help design, develop, document, and test our APIs, rating engines, and other C# applications. You will be responsible for maintaining APIs/feature once it’s in production. Partner with the dev team and product managers on development strategy, all while contributing to internal documentation, working in agile scrum environment, and adhering to company code standards and guidelines.
- Solid understanding of C# (preferably .NET Core)
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience using Git and Github/Gitlab (must understand basic source control workflow)
- Take initiative and be a self-motivated problem solver (using: docs, tutorials)
- Experience using React and Redux
- Sematic HTML, CSS, experience with a styling library like styled- components
- Exemplifies our core values and effective communication
- Third party service integration
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience building accessible apps
- Startup experience
How We Work:
- React, Redux, Typescript, C# .NET, .Net Core, SQL Server, Cosmos DB
- Infrastructure: Azure
- Remote Tools: Microsoft Teams
- Scrum environment with cross-disciplinary teams (frontend and backend engines, UI/UX, Product Managers, SDETs)
- Professional development time and resources to help you learn and grow the way you want to
Our Interview Process:
- Phase1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then be invited to submit a coding project. Once completed, our hiring manager will review and confirm a 60-minute tech screen.
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include a whiteboarding panel interview with our tech team and a 1:1 culture focused interview. The final series is 1.5 hours in total.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- 401K match plan
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.