What will the Innovation Director do?
Seeing beyond standards and the boxes they so conveniently fit in is hard work of creativity. Creativity that in our industry has often been squashed by backward focused analysis and an over-reliance on that’s how it’s always been done. But we’re breaking that feedback loop with our deep belief in innovating and expanding the technology, insurance products, services and solutions that can be purposefully built to create value for any part of the ecosystem. How we methodically and efficiently test and learn to determine the best (AND WORST) opportunities for innovation is the primary role of our Innovation Director.
Using a combination of deep-research, data analysis, and collaborative leadership, you will find the future opportunities and products for us to bring to market. This forward-thinking role will require a consultative mindset and an openness to ideas from across many different disciplines, along with the detail-level rigor to bring them to life. As a result, you will be required to present to and collaborate with Underwriting, Claims, Data, Engineering, and Technical Product Management, while being informed by the strategy set by the VP of Innovation and eXpansion. This role will be staffed within the Innovation and eXpansion organization and report directly to the VP of Innovation and eXpansion.
Superpowers we are looking for!
- 5+ years progressively more responsible work experience in product management, project management, incubators, or innovation labs.
- Previous experience in a Management Consulting, Chief of staff, or consultative product/project management role.
- Broad understanding of test and learn frameworks, feedback loops, and various tools/resources to aid in the administration and facilitation of efficient testing.
- Superior analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills with an ability to make data-based decisions.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Excellent research skills with the ability to research product fit and regulations across all jurisdictions and communicate them effectively across diverse stakeholders
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- MBA or other Graduate Degrees.
- Experience with MGA, Fronting Carrier, Reinsurance, and/or delegated authority structures
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experimental exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.