Coterie is looking for an experienced Lead Security Engineer to develop the robust, fault-tolerant, and safe security and network infrastructure needed by our small-business owner clients. In this role, you will pair with our Chief Information Security Officer and other members of the security team to assess, secure, and improve our solutions against system-wide vulnerabilities and threats, with an eye toward automation.
- Cultural alignment through listening and communication skills.
- Develop relationships across internal product, engineering and technical organizations.
- Stay up to date with the latest vulnerabilities, exploits, security trends and general changes in technology to provide guidance on how these affect the security of our business.
- Threat modeling, architecture & design reviews on services and applications as required.
- Help other departments to build security into their workflow.
- Mentor and cross train other Security Engineers across the division.
- Evaluate and promote new and existing security standards, solutions and tools.
- Implement technical solutions in-line with Coterie’s cybersecurity strategic plans.
- Previous experience as a senior or principal security engineer.
- Passion for technology, digital architecture and information security.
- Experience across multiple security domains such as Incident Response, Application Security, Infrastructure Security, Detection Engineering, Network Security, Cloud Security, Compliance, Governance, Cryptography, IAM, Privacy, Risk Management, Threat Intelligence.
- Ability to turn knowledge and experience into effective change inside an organization.
- Previous experience as a security engineer working with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with compliance and compliance audits.
- Automation skills with Ansible, Terraform, Vagrant, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience threat modeling and conducting design reviews of large scalable systems.
Coterie has solid benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity we offer:
- Health Insurance through United Healthcare (we pay 90%)
- Dental and Vision (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- 100% Remote work
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays like Juneteenth, birthdays, and important family events.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (9361 Montgomery Rd. Suite G Cincinnati, OH 45242) but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remote as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.