What will our Marketing Events Intern do?
Coterie is looking for a Marketing Events Intern (100% Remote) to join our team! We are seeking highly organized and detail-oriented students with at least one year of professional or college class related experience with events. This intern will assist the Events Coordinator in executing various events. This position provides great hands-on experience handling the planning process for multiple events such as trade shows and conferences. This is an opportunity to learn and grow and gain experience in Marketing as well as in insurTech.
- Assist the Events Coordinator in the overseeing, planning, coordinating, and executing of various simultaneous external facing trade shows and conferences
- Registering, tracking, and coordinating attendance for Coterie and team members
- Shipping and tracking booth materials included but not limited to banners, table cloths, swag, and miscellaneous technology
- Reserving utilities for booths
- Coordinating print out materials
- Tracking and managing event checklist items to ensure optimal preparedness for shows
- Managing checklists to a hard timeline and raising flags when needed to Event Coordinator
- Attend and take minutes of regular event focused meetings
Superpowers we are looking for!
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to keep track of multiple, simultaneous tasks and deliverables
- 1 year of professional or college class related experience with events
- Intermediate level experience with Excel
- Interest in marketing events (trade shows, conferences, etc)
- Eager to learn and grow
- Available for a summer term
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- Personal life experience planning or coordinating events (I.e. bachelorette parties, Greek life events, etc.)
- Familiarity with Hubspot, Smartsheet or Asana, Microsoft tools
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Our interns will enjoy the following benefits:
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- 100% Remote work environment
- Unlimited Sick time and paid holidays, up to 6 hours a day
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.