What will our Operations Specialist do?
We’re looking for a part time, temporary, Operations Specialist who is passionate about efficient and accurate commercial insurance and finance. We need someone who can deliver both a world class customer service experience to our producers, while applying their knowledge of risk and coverage to serve our customers, and values team members who view what they do as a craft rather than a job.
- Support Commissions and collections process for our producers and partners
- Communicate with our producers and partners through the onboarding process to ensure proper setup & access to systems
- Support regulatory and compliance requirements of our producers
- Support onboarding of new Coterie associates with regards to state licensing, fraud training, and continuing education requirements
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures for all processes
- Work cross-functionally to enhance existing processes and ensure compliance with all contractual requirements, and state and federal regulations
- Oversee payments and customer billing to ensure we are collecting, charging, and paying our customers and partners appropriately
- Adhere to internal SLAs
This position will be part time temporary for the next few months and then assessed based on business needs for potential extensions. We are looking for 25-30 hours per week between Monday-Friday. Preferred days being Monday, Tuesday and Thursday but flexibility will be considered.
Superpowers we are looking for:
- You have B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
- You have a minimum 3 years’ experience handling financial information
- Knowledge of commercial insurance and compliance requirements for financial transactions and collections
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Sharepoint
- Responsive to time-sensitive customer inquiries and interacting positively with independent producers
- You’re passionate about creating simpler internal insurance operations procedures.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.