What will our Product Growth Marketing Manager do?
Coterie is a partnership-focused insurTech company that makes small business insurance easy. Through tech-based business insurance and digital underwriting solutions, Coterie delivers simpler coverage, more accurate pricing, and a streamlined experience to our agents, brokers, partners and small business customers. Our founders spent many years building knowledge and expertise in actuarial science developing resilient products for the most vulnerable of commercial entities – small businesses <10 employees. We value humility, passion, intelligence, and integrity in everything we do.
While the Product Growth Marketing Manager role will be an integral part of our Marketing and Growth Team, this role will have a strong dotted line into both our Product and Insurance teams in order to accelerate our go to market momentum and create enthusiasm and demand for our products. Our PGMM will work hand-in-hand with product management, marketing, insurance, customer success and distribution to drive overall business growth. You will focus on how to best communicate the product’s core features, understand how we differentiate our products from the competition, consider where best to reach the target audience, help drive our go-to-market strategy from the beginning of our product life cycle, and determine how to engage users at different stages of the marketing funnel. You will be an advocate for our core customers at all times.
You’ll work with products at various stages of their life cycle, testing, showcasing and refining their value proposition to the market.
- Own product positioning & messaging for Coterie
- Act as a liaison between product, insurance, and growth to ensure key stakeholders are aware of and briefed on upcoming product updates and understand how this impacts their individual work and goals
- Ensure clear product messaging, positioning, and value proposition for our products and services that are easily understood by distribution channel and up-to-date based on their stage in the product lifecycle
- Write compelling product copy for different collateral types and audiences
- Gather customer feedback and review competitive offerings in order to differentiate products from the competition
- Support cross-functional teams in driving demand, streamlining processes, and maximizing DWP and revenue
- Partnering with multiple internal stakeholders including client services, and delivery teams to develop product strategies and roadmaps that ensure clear alignment with business objectives and customer needs
- Deliver strategies where Coterie owns the Customer (Agent/Producer, Digital Embedded Insurance Partners, and Small Business Owner) for life
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for products both internally and externally
- Use product experience to create more effective customer acquisition strategies, talking points, and product materials
- Understand and educate others on the problems we solve
- Own all in-app product messaging, user guides, and workflows
Superpowers we are looking for!
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing or similar go-to-market experience.
- Experience with marketing specifically for B2B SaaS products
- Strong copywriting skills
- Analytical and data-driven, with a track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive product and business decision-making
- Has been part of a tech focused organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience scoping and manages projects, and delivering outcomes against timelines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- Experience working in an insurtech, fintech, and/or startup environment
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Pendo
- Experience working directly with/on marketplaces, e-commerce, digital advertising products
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experimental exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.