Providing a remarkable experience for our customers is the seed from which our company has grown. As a result, design has been at the center of the problem we are trying to solve in small commercial insurance. For decades, small business owners have had to rely on paper-based processes and clunky mid-90s systems to acquire legally mandated commercial insurance. In other words, it’s been a chore. We are trying to make it easy, and pleasant. You would help our Director of Design in continuing to provide a B2C like experience for our small business (aka B2B) users.
- You will collaborate with (and report to) our Director of Design across the spectrum of UI/UX disciplines to design your own slate of products and platforms.
- Some of these products will be externally facing B2B2C others will be internal B2B platforms, all will be design-forward.
- We need you to flex your UI/UX generalist skills to create intuitive designs that make insurance one the easiest things a business ever has to purchase.
- And though all applicants will require submitting a design portfolio, an obsession with pixel perfect UI or visual design minutiae isn’t necessary.
- You have 3-5 years of work experience focused on unified UI and UX design for web and mobile, including responsive design.
- You can present and articulate the vision in a purposeful and thoughtful way, have an eye for detail, and an excellent sense of aesthetics and functionality.
- You bring a B2C sensibility to B2B products and platforms.
- Experience Translating branding guidelines into a scalable and repeatable component library system.
- You are highly skilled in creating sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, and written documentation, using modern design and prototyping tools.
- You possess extensive expertise in a broad range of UX skills, including interaction design, visual design, branding, UX research, and more.
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, InVision, Axure, or equivalent is a must.
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite .
- Sensitivity to user journey details: information architecture, screen flow and feature discoverability.
- Strong portfolio of product and/or interface design work is required and pivotal (samples of academic or personal projects acceptable – show us what drives you!).
- You are flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project.
- A desire to grow and expand your skills.
- Interest or passion for data visualization, grid/layout systems, and infographics.
- Fluency with After Effects.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.