The DRD will manage the assigned region’s IA and Broker appointments, affiliations, and premium goals, while recruiting and leading a team of distribution sales executives to deliver the territory business plan (TBP). This work will include prospecting and appointing new agency distribution partners including independent agencies, regional brokers, and aggregators. As a problem-solver, trainer, and facilitator in working with agencies and brokers, you’ll act as a guide to Coterie, making sure critical concerns are not only resolved but come to be seen as a point of differentiation in the market. In addition, this role will be cross-collaborative and work with Distribution/Sales, Underwriting, Insurance Product, and claims teams.
Coverage Area: Texas, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas
- Manage the assigned region in meeting or exceeding independent agency & broker appointments (affiliations) and premium goals.
- Recruits and leads a team of Distribution Sales Executives within the assigned regional territory. Develops territory business plan (TBP) to achieve agency/broker appointment and sales goals and drives TBP development and achievement with Distribution Sales Executives.
- Prospects & appoints new agency distribution partners. Distribution partners include independent agencies, regional brokers, and aggregators.
- Develops and optimizes agency/broker relationship to meet sales goals and implements agency/broker commission and incentive plans.
- Performs necessary and regular agency/producer calls in order to maximize production efforts and to keep the producers up to date on company products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree
Five years of insurance and/or sales experience
- Capable of working with limited direction
A technical problem-solver and consultative seller with commercial insurance knowledge to discuss and solve sales issues in the field
This focused and goal-oriented position requires someone who possesses sales skills and who can influence others through strong negotiation techniques
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel and represent the Coterie professionally, both internally and externally
Working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint and CRM systems.
- Proven sales skills in commercial lines insurance industry
- strong agency relationships
- Knowledge of competitive marketplace in small commercial insurance
- Insurance industry professional designation such as CIC, CPCU, AU
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.