Play a critical role in growing our business! We are looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative (SDR) to assist our high-performing sales & marketing teams in building and growing strong relationships. At Coterie, we are revolutionizing the small business insurance industry. We help our partners & agencies deliver fast, easy, and reliable insurance coverage for small businesses. It’s truly small business insurance, simplified.
As an SDR, you will help build and maintain our sales pipeline and enable our cross-functional team to work smarter. By collaborating closely with both Sales & Marketing, you’ll source, drive, and build relationships with prospects & partners across our key channels.
On any given day, you will be making outbound calls, sending out personalized email sequences, onboarding & engaging with agents/brokers, and researching as well as assigning leads to the sales team when they are qualified and ready for a consultative conversation. If you’re looking for a diverse company with a fun culture and the opportunity to develop as a sales professional, this is the job for you. We are growing; grow with us!
Full Job Description
- Researching, discovering, and interviewing new leads within Coterie’s target markets
- Performing outreach through email sequences and other outbound lead generation campaigns
- Conducting outbound telephone calls to prospective partners & customers to identify decision makers and opportunities with the goal of setting up a meeting for a member of our team or getting a prospect onboarded and engaged within the Coterie platform
- Learning and understanding Coterie’s value proposition, products & solutions and effectively communicating this understanding to prospects
- Transitioning qualified and engaged leads to the appropriate account executive
- Updating client and prospect information in our CRM system
- Meeting sales & performance objectives and providing weekly activity reporting to management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 2+ years of inside sales experience, preferably in the B2B technology space
- Empathetic listener that is able to probe to get a real sense of a prospect’s needs
- Exceptional phone etiquette with the energy & desire to make daily phone calls
- Optimistic and unfazed by rejection
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Proficiency in prospecting tools & research
- Ability and aptitude to speak intelligently about Coterie’s solutions to VP and C-Suite executives
- You have insurance industry experience
- You have experience working in a tech start-up environment
- You are a relationship builder
- You love problem solving
- You have a consultative mindset
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees.
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Dental (Guardian Dental) and vision insurance (Guardian + VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.