What will the Sales Distribution Intern do?
Relationships are the cornerstone of business partnerships. A strong, stable relationship helps both business partners thrive and excel in their partnership, and if strong enough, it can overcome any hurdles along the way. At Coterie, we believe the key to creating those durable relationships is through the demonstration of our core values of integrity, passion, intelligence and humility.
You’re driven, resourceful, and above all else – remarkably intelligent. You love a good challenge. You are the first to roll up your sleeves and work with relentless energy until you solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and you always come out on top. We surround ourselves with the most talented and agile professionals in the industry, but we check our egos at the door. Our Distribution Internship on our Growth Team gives you the opportunity to work side by side with some of the best talent in the insurance industry.
Our collaborative culture will allow you to learn from the expertise surrounding you and to share your own knowledge and experience with colleagues. You’ll be asked to speak up and challenge the status quo – you have a voice and will be encouraged to use it.
You will be a member of a fast-paced, highly skilled, and collaborative distribution team and have the opportunity to build your knowledge, skills and sales acumen through teamwork and communicating in an open, balanced, and objective manner.
- Assist with partner activation activities including both sales onboarding and administrative tasks. Make recommendations for process improvement and optimization.
- Support the sales team in reporting and data analysis of partnerships. Work with our data and analytics team to help streamline and automate reporting and data insights where possible.
- Assist our agency experience team with outreach activities to drive continued engagement and growth with our current partnerships.
- Leverage CRM System for reporting and analysis to support our SalesForce conversion
- Attend meetings related to Growth other relevant topics to develop an understanding the distribution landscape
Superpowers we are looking for!
- Current pursuit of a secondary school degree in Business, Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar
- Ability to manage a workload consisting of several concurrent projects or tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), email, and voicemail
- Above-average attention to detail, effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to have work hard and play hard – we like to have fun at Coterie!
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- Knowledge or understanding of the insurance industry
- Knowledge of and familiarity with contemporary API-based Tech platforms
- SaaS platform fluency and understanding of the tech implementation process
- Past experience or project work in a business environment
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Our interns will enjoy the following benefits:
- Formalized, universal mentorship program via Core-Coaching program
- 100% Remote work environment
- Paid sick time
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.