What will our Sales Support Specialist do?
Time is a precious resource. It’s the resource we at Coterie have built our business model on. By bringing speed, simplicity, and service to our Small Business Partners and the brokers who serve them we’re reducing time spent on commercial insurance to just minutes through our tech platform. But that means we need to look to augment our distribution team as well. Frankly, we’re growing fast, and there aren’t enough hours in the day, which is why we’re hiring a Part Time Sales Support Specialist (100% Remote!) to support our entire distribution team.
Part time hours will be 29 hours per week Monday-Friday with flexibility of working hours.
As a Sales Support Specialist, you will help optimize and augment the capabilities of our distribution team by providing support across a variety of business functions. As such, this role will require a tactically minded individual who can follow guidelines, work with precision and make decisions necessary to ensure our partners are getting superior service. Some of the work expected is as follows.
- Help to construct and distribute monthly reports for our partners
- Help to manage team meeting agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics
- Help to support the sales and onboarding processes of our new and existing partnerships
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials
- Track and follow up appropriately on all pending action items (close open loops)
- Coordinate and prepare correspondence, reports, presentation materials and other written communications
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and digging in with the ability to research projects and gather the necessary data to share
Superpowers we are looking for!
- Must be available to work 30 hours per week (hours will not exceed 30 hours per week)
- 3+ years (minimum) experience in an administrative role
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with the aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Ability to take complex information and deliver concisely to a variety of audiences
- Flexible team player with the grit to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- Insurance industry experience working with independent agents
- Experience working in a startup
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experimental exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.