What will our Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) do?
Coterie Insurance is growing and we are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (100% Remote) to join our team. You’ll work closely with our insurance, product, and engineering teams to ensure we continue to deliver reliable products that delight our customers. SDETs at Coterie are involved in the complete product lifecycle, from feature ideation through production deployment, so you will be a key part of our continued growth and success.
As a SDET, you’ll be able to:
- Develops test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size based upon the success criteria of a story or project, while working collaboratively with the team(s) to test items completed, either/both manually or by creating automated tests.
- Participates in the project level meetings and checkpoints for reviews and inspections including project confirmation, requirements and functional design, bringing vital stake-holder perspective into testing and technical discussions.
- Works collaboratively within the IT department and business units to execute and validate test cases based on system requirements, determining associated risks, gaps and business impacts by interacting and communicating with both technical and non-technical roles in the organization.
Superpowers We Are Looking For!
- Experience with Front End test Automation using Cypress
- Experience with API testing using Postman
- Possess great situational awareness of the software development lifecycle and have impeccable insights in identifying and designing tests targeting the key checkpoints for the application or service under test
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven, able to work independently to identify and execute on projects that will improve overall software quality
- Experience with functional, integration, regression, and non-functional testing
Extras That Are Awesome But Not Required!
- Experience working for a startup
- Experience in the insurance industry
What To Expect!
- Phase1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then be invited to submit a coding project. Once completed, our hiring manager will review and confirm a 60-minute tech screen.
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include a whiteboarding panel interview with our tech team and a 1:1 culture focused interview. The final series is 2-3 hours in total.
What’s In It For You!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.