We’re using modern tech to make it easy for people and businesses to get the insurance coverage they need. As our product offerings and organization scale we need to improve our cloud infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect (100% Remote) who has a passion for solving hard problems at scale!
We are looking for someone to help set the future technical course for our systems, technology stack and architecture. Staff Engineers will also help build up our team through a combination of mentoring and technical leadership. Our teams will build and write tests for our APIs, rating engines, and other C# code, as well as aid our leads in architectural designs. As you hit the ground running you will be able to develop and document new C# .NET Core APIs and services, as well as refine and improve our existing products. In addition, you also work very closely with our product management team in helping create a development strategy that fits our product roadmaps, as well as be a part of our engineering team interviews.
In all positions we look for cultural ADDS to our team. Someone that will not just contribute, but make the rest of our team better. The Coterie engineering team is a team with a culture of inclusion, diversity, empathy, & collaboration! These values compliment Coterie’s core values of humility, integrity, intelligence, & passion! We are not looking for, “the brilliant jerk!” Instead we want to collaborate with the people that bring the best out of us, and them!
- Technical leadership experience with passion for technical mentorship.
- A strong understanding of architectural design fundamentals
- Experience in cloud based technologies, especially Azure
- Experience building production C# .NET APIs (preferably .NET Core or .NET 5+)
- Experience writing tests and an appreciation of the value of well-tested code
- Experience using Git and Github to collaborate and review code
- Familiar with Scrum Agile product and design cycles
- Strong understanding of coding standards and best practices
- Experience and strong understanding of scalability
- Experience working within a micro-services architecture in a containerized (Docker, Kubernetes, etc…) environment
- Experience writing documentation
- React/Redux Front End Experience
- Front End Architecture Experience
- Experience in the Devops cycle
- Startup experience
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of Premium)
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance (The Hartford)
- Flexible Spending Account OR Health Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Perks Platform access creating discounts for wellness, meals, travel, appliances, etc.. (Access Perks)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Drive, Suite 100 Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.