As a Sr. Backend engineer you will build and write tests for our APIs, rating engines, and other C# code, as well as aid our leads in architectural designs. As you hit the ground running you will be able to develop and document new C# .NET Core APIs and rating engines, as well as refine and improve our existing products. In addition, you’ll also work very closely with our product management team in helping create a development strategy that fits our product roadmaps, as well as be a part of our engineering team interviews.
- Experience building production C# .NET APIs (preferably .NET Core)
- Experience writing tests and an appreciation of the value of well-tested code
- An understanding of architectural design fundamentals
- Experience and interest in mentoring junior engineers
- Experience using Git and Github/Gitlab to collaborate and review code
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud platform ( GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Experience working within a micro-services architecture in a containerized (Docker, etc…) environment
- Experience writing documentation
- Startup experience
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Dental (Guardian Dental) and vision insurance (Guardian+VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio, but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remote as your role allows.