As a part of the growing data engineering team at Coterie, you will be responsible for helping build the critical ETL pipelines and stores that will power our contemporary cloud-first environment. This work will allow us to provide better risk, power dynamic data visualizations for our partners and clients, and fuel the next generation of insurance coverage. As a result of our data-hungry approach, you’ll be faced with scraping, integrating, munging, cleaning, and helping organize information from a litany of traditional and non-traditional sources. It’s this variability that will be key, rather than purely thinking in terms of Big Data centered scale. This is about being nimble and everywhere.
- Analyze and organize structured and unstructured data
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interact with data vendors via API
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Enable automation through machine learning and AI
- Collaborate with architects, BI teams, data scientists and actuaries
- You have relevant B.S. degree or equivalent or 5+ years data engineering work, with a focus on building ETL pipelines from scratch
- Fluency in Python (a majority of data engineering experience in Java or Scala is acceptable)
- Technical expertise with data models and data mining
- Experience with data warehouse architecture and cloud environments
- 2 years experience with Databricks or Apache Spark
- Knowledge of R
- Previous experience working with data scientists and analysts
- Transactional data experience
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees:
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Dental (Guardian Dental) and vision insurance (Guardian + VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.