What will our Sr Frontend Engineer do?
We are looking for a seasoned Frontend Engineer (100% Remote) to join our team! We’re using modern tech to make it easy for people and businesses to get insurance coverage. You’ll help build insurance quote flows and management portals that are performant, accessible, responsive, and user-friendly. The insurance industry is known for slow, clunky tools that weren’t built with the user in mind. We’re making them beautiful and intuitive, and we’d love for you to join us.
- Act as the technical lead on a project team and lead front-end architecture discussions
- Work with designers to turn wireframes and mockups into code
- Work with product managers and stakeholders on development strategy
- Lead the development of new features and perform ongoing maintenance and infrastructure upgrades in our web applications
- Research and plan for improvements to the libraries and technologies in use
- Establish best practices around testing, performance, and web application security
- Collaborate with the product, design, and back-end development teams
- Mentor and support front-end engineers through paired programming, lunch and learns, and other teaching opportunities
Superpowers we are looking for!
- Exemplifies our core values and possess excellent communication skills
- Experience building a high-performing, high traffic, and scalable UI
- Ability and desire to coach and mentor other engineers
- Experience building shared libraries, ex: UI components
- Experience writing tests and an appreciation of the value of well-tested code
- A strong understanding of semantic HTML, scalable CSS, accessibility, and other core front-end concepts
- “Self-starter” attitude and ability to make decisions independently
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- Startup experience
- Well versed in Agile processes such as Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Building and maintaining third-party libraries
- DevOps and Cloud architecture
- Kent C. Dodds fan (Mike North appreciators okay too)
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Director of Engineering for the 2nd interview via video. This interview is designed to be more technically focused and allows you to learn more about the role.
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via video. This series will include a 60 minute panel interview with our Engineering team where candidates can choose their own adventure! You will have the choice of a whiteboarding session, live coding session or come prepared to present a preplanned take-home project. Additionally, we will have a 1:1 culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5 hours in length.
By joining our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The opportunity to be on a team where your work is critical to the success of the company, our customers, and to everyone who wants to realize their professional potential
- A fun and engaging team-based environment where we enjoy working hard and learning everyday (office hours, lighting talks, collaborative environment)
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees.
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100%)
- Mentorship and Core-Coaching program
- Dental and vision insurance (Guardian) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays – Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) accounts for those using HSA eligible plans.
- Continuing Education Stipend.
- 401K plan (up to 4% match with immediate vest)
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.