As an Underwriting Operation Manager, you will ensure we are profiling, selecting, and pricing risk with accuracy and efficiency, while collaborating with the Technology Product, Customer Advocacy, and Sales teams to create efficient procedures and processes for new and renewal small commercial business. This includes renewal workflows, notice requirements, policy cancellations, payment processes, and policy issuance. In addition, you’ll work to ensure the quality of our data powers the downstream reporting built by our Engineering and Data teams. As the nexus of the Insurance team you will also help organize and curate our documents to help the rest of our coterie quickly reference underwriting workflow and procedures.
- This position reports to the VP, Insurance and Risk. You will work closely with the Technology Product and Sales teams to create efficient procedures and processes for new and renewal small commercial business. This includes
renewal workflows, notice requirements, policy cancellations, payment processes, and policy issuance.
- The Insurance Operations Manager will play a key role in helping to ensure that the underwriting processes within Coterie are accurately and efficiently profiling, selecting, and pricing risks. This includes classifying risks, validating 3rd party data sources, and working with the Tech and Data teams to ensure proper downstream reporting.
- You will help organize and curate the Insurance division’s documents to help the rest or our coterie quickly reference underwriting workflow and procedures.
- You will engage with the Customer Advocacy team to answer any direct customer inquiries pertaining to underwriting-related issues. In addition, you may interact with independent agents who have inquiries about new or existing customer eligibility, endorsements, policy issuance, and billing.
- You have B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
- You have a minimum 5 years’ experience in insurance operations, compliance, underwriting, or commercial insurance product management
- Knowledge of the underwriting discipline and compliance requirements for the full underwriting cycle: both new and renewal business underwriting processes.
- Experience with data reporting and automated underwriting technologies and techniques
- You’re passionate about creating simpler internal insurance operations procedures
- Familiarity with 3rd party data vendors and integrations
- Insuretech experience
- You’re good at navigating ISO and Verisk products, including PAAS and the CLM
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.