Data is at the very center of what we do as it helps us shape the kind of small business insurance experience that business owners and their hard work deserve. We’re looking for a VP of Data and Analytics to help us scale-up and productionalize our data-centric strategy into actionable insights and deliverable products. This work will involve a combination of data engineering, data science, and machine learning expertise and as such you will help build out and lead a team to do so.
- You will work alongside our divisional leaders and other executives to create the data infrastructure, strategy, and analytical capability to derive new insights and insurance products that go beyond industry standard ratings and pricing.
- In addition, you will lead, manage, and further build out our current team of data engineers, data scientists, actuaries, and data analysts.
- You will be responsible for evangelizing the data vision of the company to team members, investors, and partners.
- Selecting data vendors and coming up with a data vendor strategy, with a focus on efficiency.
- Hands-on data engineering and/or data science work including building out data code base or models.
- Working with our Product Management team in creating a data engineering product roadmap.
- Must be able to lead a team with a diverse set of skill sets including software engineers, data engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers and product managers
- A minimum of 4+ years experience of leadership positions with a focus on data strategy of a company.
- Previous hands-on expertise in either Data Science, Data Engineering, or Machine Learning.
- Demonstrable experience in creating a culture of inclusion, ownership and accountability through role modeling company principles.
- Accomplished in scaling teams, managing multiple geographic locations and inspiring a team to deliver high quality projects at startup pace.
- Deep technical domain knowledge and have the ability to roll up sleeves to teach and develop team members.
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms (Azure preferred) and managed services, Data Lake infrastructure, Data Warehousing, analytics tools, data visualization (such as Tableau, Looker) and machine learning capabilities (such as Sagemaker, DataBricks).
- Be a thought leader and evangelist of data platforms and technologies to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Programming experience with Python preferred.
- Familiarity with data orchestration tools such as Airflow and data visualization/BI tools such as Tableau.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical resources.
- Phd or other Advanced degree with a focus on Behavioral Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Economics.
- Expertise in dealing with data environments with high-data variability, and low-data volume.
- Expertise in rare-event detection or prediction
- Experience with pricing analysis
- Fluency in Bayesian or other low-data volume statistical methodologies.
- Previous start-up experience.
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.