We’re building the small-business insurance experience our clients have always desired. Insurance that’s easy to get, follow, and file and leaves small business owners feeling listened to. To continue to build this vision, we need a VP of Claims to lead the creation of the kind of nimble, quick moving, and data-driven Claims team that ensures an incredible client experience. With all the tools at your disposal, this role will allow you to scale our team’s efforts via TPA, software, and your vision.
- Managing, designing, and improving our TPA relationships
- Creating a world-class Small Commercial Claims team, process, and operational framework
- Collaborating on a rollout of best practice Claims Software
- Managing the insurance/reinsurance relationship vis a vis Claims
- Working with Underwriting, Insurance product, and loss control to create a cohesive and data-driven Full-insurance product lifecycle.
- 4+ years Experience with TPA management
- 2+ years Small Commercial lines Claims experience
- 4+ years managing and building out claims teams
- Fluency managing the insurance/reinsurance relationship vis a vis Claims
- An ability to distinguish between building something new and improving on what exists
- Experience with Managed General Agents (MGAs) and Managing General Underwriters (MGUs)
- Successful claims technology build or revamp
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
Our HQ is in Montgomery, Ohio (7817 Cooper Rd. Suite B Cincinnati, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows.
Coterie is on a mission to make business insurance easy. By integrating insurance into the places they already are, Coterie protects businesses and operators with just a click. Its technology-based approach to business insurance allows for data-driven automation that provides accurate coverage without the hassle.