The digital transformation of
small business insurance is here
Today, the process of quoting, issuing, and servicing small business insurance policies is more time consuming than it is profitable.
Coterie for agents & brokers allows agents to digitize their small business insurance operations – saving valuable time, enabling them to provide exceptional customer service, and providing agencies and brokerages with a 24/7 online presence.
At Coterie, we provide agents with national market access for their small, startup, and home business insurance clients. Know if a business is in-appetite in 1-2 minutes. Issue a policy in 4-5 minutes. Generate policy documents instantly!
Why agents & brokers love Coterie
We not only give you access to a national market (without a production commitment!), we also help simplify your operations, enabling you to better serve small business clients with higher profits.
Coterie is an MGA backed by strong carriers who have given us the freedom to file our products and rates. We offer admitted products written on EXCELLENT A or A- paper and our technology enables us to integrate right into your existing workflows, as well as your website. Policy documents are generated instantly when you bind a policy, so no more waiting for overnight batches.
Best of all, our expansive appetite and state coverage enables you to serve more small businesses, in less time, than ever before.
- Instantly quote & issues policies or renewals
- 100% digital up-front underwriting
- Expansive appetite for small businesses (including home-based and start-ups)
- Immediate access to policy documents, certificates, renewals, billing and claims – all in one dashboard
- Add a 24/7 online presence – right from your website
- Quote right away using our robust agent portal
- Allow policy holders to manage their own certificates or make policy changes
- Access to professional claims handling
- Hands-on customer service support
Why small businesses love Coterie
Your customers look to you to provide them with the best small business insurance coverage, and service. With Coterie, you can do just that – and more. With just a click, you can provide your customers with reliable, fair small business insurance – in minutes.
Coterie was built for the smallest of the small businesses (yes, even home-based, contractors, and start-up businesses!) that are expensive to service and who typically have a difficult time accessing the right insurance, at an affordable price. Basically, any small business that you would see on Main Street America, we can help you service.
Businesses benefit from advantages like:
- No insurance application
- Streamlined access to the coverage they need
- Competitive & affordable pricing
- Easy & flexible process
- Peace of mind knowing that they have the right coverage, at an affordable price
- Ability to manage their own certificates online, and make policy changes (alerting you when these changes occur)
- Access to a world-class support & insurance team
- The ability to quickly check “protecting their business” off of the to-do list and get back to the work they love
Digital appetite guide
Click the button below to access our digital appetite guide!Coterie Digital Appetite Guide
Coterie for digital insurance platforms
Coterie for agents and brokers can also be integrated right into the software tools and workflows that agents leverage today to help manage their business.
Through our simple, easy to use APIs, we are able to integrate with digital insurance platforms to deliver a simple quoting experience and unlock the power of data to provide instant, bindable quotes.
Schedule a meeting with a member of our Digital Agency & Broker team to learn how Coterie can benefit the agencies & brokerages on your platform.
Where we deliver seamless quotes & coverages
Coterie provides BOP and Stand-alone GL & PL. (WC coming soon!) insurance in 47 states, with NY, NJ & MA on the way!
- Coverage is written with Spinnaker Insurance Company [A.M.Best A- (EXCELLENT) Rating] or with Benchmark Insurance Company [A.M.Best A (EXCELLENT) Rating].
- Coverage in Florida is written with Clear Spring Property & Casualty Insurance Company with an A. M. BEST A- (EXCELLENT) Rating.
* Coastal restrictions apply for BOP coverages
Coterie is licensed to offer and sell: General Liability, Business Owners Policies, and Professional Liability with Workers Comp and Cybersecurity coming in early 2021.
A few general guidelines to keep in mind:
- Annual revenues up to $10M ($5M for Contractors)
- No more than 50 employees (15 for contractors)
- 1 location per policy
- No more than 2 losses and claims (single loss >$15k)
- No prior cancellations, non-renewals or bankruptcy
- Home-based businesses accepted
Become a Coterie Producer
Interested in becoming a Coterie Producer?
Click the button below, sign up and we will be in touch with next steps!
(Note: if you are an agent associated with one of our Master Agencies, select “Agency” in the sign up drop-down menu. Otherwise, choose “Channel Partner”)
Do you not know your National Producer Number (NPN) or would you like to confirm that yours is accurate? Look up your NPN here!
Meet the team!
VP of Agency & Broker Distribution
Director of Digital Agency & Broker Distribution