Who doesn’t get excited for the holiday season? Gift giving, seasonal baked goods, and, most importantly, Small Business Saturday! We want to help small businesses like yours prepare for this exciting time by sharing a few key resources and tips to have a successful holiday season.
Get your windows ready, promotions set, and an action plan together on how you’ll promote your small business for this year’s Small Business Saturday, November 21st, 2021.
Small businesses are the backbone of our economy
According to the 2019 Small Business Saturday Consumer Insights Survey, 70% of U.S. consumers are aware of Small Business Saturday. What does that mean for your business?
These consumers are ready and waiting to spend their dollars to support you, your business, and your local economy. Below are a few resources on how to better showcase your great products and services so you can create killer promotions that drive more business to you!
- Did you know that American Express has its own Shop Small Business map? This is where consumers can research small businesses online and locally. Get your business added here on Shop Small®.
- Join the @SmallBusinessSaturday Facebook page to get tips, ideas, more exposure and connect with other small businesses.
- Showcase your participation in Small Business Saturday by sharing teaser posts to your social media channels. Use free design platforms such as Canva to easily create engaging and fun posts that tell a story about your business’s unique characteristics
- Pro tip: use hashtags like #shopsmall, #SmallBizSat, and #SmallBusinessSaturday to further promote your business and expand your reach.
- Start advertising your specials and promotions at least 3 weeks in advance of Small Business Saturday, Christmas, or any important holiday or season that is relevant to your business.
- Spruce up those social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, and Google My Business Listings.
Build excitement with one-time only special promotions
The holiday season is full of money saving product bundles and promotions. Jump on this train by bundling your most popular products together for a special price and limit the availability – this will drive customers to purchase your products or services before the deal ends!
Additionally, you can offer exclusive deals on one to three products at a substantial discount not offered any other time of the year.
Another easy strategy to drive business and overall awareness to your business can be done through an online raffle, hosted through any of your social media platforms. Raffle off special prizes such as high value products or services from your business to grow awareness about your business.
This is the season of giving – is there an opportunity for you to partner with another small business that will help drive traffic to each other? Get creative!
Visit SBA Initiatives for Additional Small Business Resources
Get access to Small Business Saturday social media graphics, animated files, and a guide on how to best use these assets on social media by visiting SBA Initiatives. You’ll even find ideas for suggested social media updates to post along with your graphics!
Still looking for COVID-19 relief options for your small business? The SBA provides multiple helpful resources – click here to learn more.
Additional SBA resources to grow your business are available on SBA Business Guide.
Participate in Small Business Saturday Events
Check with your local Chamber of Commerce or Local First organization to see what they have planned for the day.
If you’re not connected with any local organizations, you can Google your town or county name in conjunction with “business alliance” or “Chamber of Commerce” or “Local First” to see upcoming events, or click here for more information.
Tis The Season for Small Businesses
We hope these resources will prove beneficial to your business and we wish you the best of luck this Small Business Saturday and throughout the holiday season.
Thinking about switching your insurance or curious what options are out there for your small business? Contact us now to explore the best insurance solution for you.