For any insurance company relationship to brokers and agent partners are a cornerstone of success. Ranging from day-to-day conversation, policy changes, and coverages that our company offers, the importance of the relationship between an exemplify the attitude and guidance that agents will be looking for when they choose to write with Coterie.
What will our Agency Experience Specialist do? As an agency specialist your main responsibility will be acting as the first point of contact for agent partners reaching out to us regarding their insureds policies, appetite inquiries, and more. Agency specialists will have some hands in the processing of endorsements, cancellations, and similar policy changes or agency information updates. Many times, you will act as a liaison between our underwriting department and our agents, and as such gives you a clear view into how we serve our business communities. This is an agent and therefore customer service-based mentality that we are taking with our agents to tailor our relationship with partners and make their understanding of our product and the servicing for the clients as easy and seamless as possible. This direct relationship will help cultivate improvements not only in company image and success but also provide necessary insights into how we can improve from a marketing, product, and service standpoint.
Superpowers we are looking for!
- An active Producer Property & Casualty Insurance License in home state
- Four (4) years of insurance sales support or other insurance related service work
- Three (3) years of remote/phone/online service or sales experience
- Highly motivated & goal oriented
- Strong negotiation and persuasion abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and client service skills
- Detail orientated with superior organizational skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Proficient in MS Office skills and related computer software knowledge
- Punctual, Reliable, and Responsible
Extras that are great but not required!
- College degree (preferred)
- BOP, GL, Professional Liability, or WC experience
- Previous experience supporting a business through explosive growth
- Bilingual (a plus)
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer the following:
- 100% remote.
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Dental and vision insurance through Guardian (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Basic life insurance (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Access to flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) (for those using HSA eligible plans).
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest).
- Unlimited PTO and company paid holidays. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including paid holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Continuing education stipend.
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks.
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
- Formalized, universal mentorship via Coterie Core-Coaching program.
- The salary range for this position is 60,000 based on national data. Salary is based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; degrees or certifications, etc.
Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you. Apply for this positionApply for this Position