Two insurance scholarship programs help agents continue their education efforts
Coterie Insurance today announced their next class of insurance scholarship recipients. The insurTech that makes small business insurance easy launched the Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) and Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) scholarship programs last year.
“We’re excited to give back to our agent community by awarding these scholarships,” said Marah Henning, Sales Development Representative at Coterie Insurance. “We understand how important continuing education is, but how costly it can be for agencies. We believe in helping our agents be the best they can be.”
In this scholarship round, Coterie Insurance is providing over $21,000 to support agents’ education and help them build into their jobs.
Congratulations to this scholarship class:
- Denise Smith – Insureon (CIC)
- Lisa Doyle-Bell – Bolt Agency (CISR)
- Alejandro Velez – Quantum Assurance (CIC)
- Mariah Casillas – Insureon (CIC)
- Kaitlyn Mathis – Quantum Assurance (CIC)
- Courtney Barry – BTIS (CIC)
- Lindsey Herr-Borkowski – Bolt Agency (CIC)
- Spencer Galbavy – Bunker (CISR)
- Ryan McClaren – BTIS (CIC)
- Paul Hesselgesser – Hesselgesser Insurance Agency, Inc. (CIC)
- Keith Kinney – Hobold Agency (CISR)
- Juan Rhenals – Agents Market (CIC)
Each agency qualified for the scholarship by writing a minimum amount in direct written premium. Then the agency was able to nominate an agent to receive the scholarship, amounting to Coterie paying for all classes of their choosing for the selected designation.
The insurance industry and insurance expertise demand continue to grow. With 1.2 million insurance agents currently working in the U.S., according to Statistica, this job is expected to grow 7 percent from 2020 to 2030 per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.